Sunday, September 23, 2007

My Personal Prayer

Please give me the strength to be who I am,
Please help me see the beauty that lies within.

Give me the strength to reach deep inside,
Find me, and love me.

Teach me to love others, and find the courage to fight my own battles.
Help me to understand the pain of my past, to grow from it and make me whole again.

Please give me the courage to stop my tears, and find my laughter.
Please give me the courage to stand up for me, and not let others treat with me disrespect,
Walk all over me and crush my heart.
When this happens God, please, O please, give me the courage to move forward.

Teach me to walk, to stand, to move on my own.
When I am down, give me the courage to stand on my own two feet again.
To walk with my held high and be proud of whom I am,

Please God, give me myself back.
I need to borrow some of your strength, I need a shoulder to cry on, I need a hand to hold mine, for just a little while. I need you.

My courage has been misplaced, my strength has been hiding, my confidence has been buried. I need to find myself. I need to be me, again.

I miss the laughter, I miss the carefree girl, who used to look at the world and say “look at me, here I come!” Where has this girl gone, where is she hiding? Please God, help me find her again.

Help me create a new story, a story I can be proud of, a story I am not ashamed to tell others. Please God help me.
Help me, be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment