Thursday, May 17, 2007

Numb

There is a road that leads somewhere,
There is a road that leads no where.
Deep inside the depths of hell,
My sorrow sings like the first Noell.

I look upon a chirping bird, but can not hear the song that escapes.
I look beyond me, not really seeing,
Nor really feeling,
Just empty tears.....
Just empty smiles....
Just laughter that has no meaning,
A hollow shell in which I exist.

A shell I call my home,
A comfort that makes you numb.

Numb to the surroundings that make you real, numb to the pain that has no consideration as to how you feel.
Numb to the ones, who praise their love, numb to the ones that reach to guide you.

Everyday you walk,
Walk,
Walk,
to a place where you can be comfortably numb.

There is no outlet, there is no escape....
Even though you are away, You are still here...
Existing in this shell.

3 comments:

  1. Very thoughtful lines......... 'A shell I call my home,
    A comfort that makes you numb...
    Good luck.
    Nice layout of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice poems..I used to do some writing like that but no longer have the time to sit there and do it:(

    A Cowboy's Wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You sure share from the heart.

    L

    ReplyDelete