Thursday, May 24, 2007

The Mask

Time runs,
Hours pass by,
I look behind me and say goodbye.

Looking past my steps afar,
I see the gaze of your shining star.

A star that once was, a belief that once existed.
A dream that glazed the night, a hope that rang outright.

Now I look far behind, and see the flow of steady tears.
Tomorrow is just a dream, today a nightmare.

Never will I trust again, never will I see again.
The depth of the sorrow that scorns my heart.
I know I will never let you see my scar.

Each day pretending, Each day smiling.
Putting on a mask that hides my true identity.

You may never see the real me, the real me has been buried,
Buried somewhere, so far I can not even see.

It is best this way to not scratch the surface.
What lies beneath, is not always pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment