Saturday, May 12, 2007

How Could You

I gave you my heart freely,
Never did I believe you would run with it.
I gave you trust,
You broke my heart.
I gave you a second chance,
You said you cared,
you made my believe that it would be better.
You broke down my barrier,
You allowed me to trust,
Then you ran, ran far and left me to pick up my heart.

So long it took me to allow someone in,
How could I know that I let the wrong person in.
How could I have trusted you?
How could I have fallen?
How could I believe that it would be different?

Now I know, there is no fairytale,
Now I know I am better by myself.
Now I know not to give my heart so freely,
For the pain you caused, is to much to bear.

I walk by myself,
I learn on my own.
I will pick up my heart.
Someday, again I will be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment