Monday, September 24, 2012

The Mask


Time has run away
Hours pass by
Silently

Looking from in the distance my footprints in the sand
Gazing longingly through your shining star
Philosophies once existed
Dreams glazed in the night
 Anticipation of a flicker no longer sparkles  
Gone

Looking far behind
Tears fixate my eyes
Hiding behind the mask

Never daring to display the colors that run underneath
Watching from behind
Never to reclaim the trust
The depths of sorrow run deep
Scorning my heart

Scars you will never see

Altered faces, putting on a show
My mask, that’s what you will know

The true identity of me, you will never place
For I will never let you see the real me
Buried beneath

Far gone, not even I can see
It’s preeminent this way " for you, for me
Unable to peel back layer upon layer
What lies beneath
Is my secret to keep 
  
  

© 2012 The Random Writings Of Me..Kates

No comments:

Post a Comment