Friday, November 30, 2007

Take me the way I am

Can you feel the shiver that shakes my body?
Your touch, so gentle
My hearts a flutter

You hold my hand, when I am weeping.
Pour me a glass of wine, and then you help me drink it.
You light my cigarette, and watch me smoke it.

I love the way I am
You love me the way I am

When you are cold, I'll make you warm,
If you are sick, I'll make you better.
I'll kiss your crying tears, I'll wipe them away.

Love me the way I am.

I love you the way you are.

Hold on tight, the ride is getting stronger
Call me baby, your voice is music.

I hear you calling, just wait a minute.
Because my mind is smiling at the thought

of
you
calling
me

You take me the way I am.

I love the way you see me, when I am feeling down.

You kiss my lips and run your hands through my hair,
You comfort me, you take me the way I am.

No longer scared, no longer sad.
No longer cold, cause you're holding my hand.

I love the way you say my name,
I love the way you hold me,
When I wake up next to you,
I love the way you kiss me.

You promise me nothing and give me the world.

You take me the way I am.

1 comment:

  1. Profound thoughts:
    ...'You promise me nothing and give me the world...'
    A wonderful flow of thoughts.Thanks Kates, for sharing.
    God bless.

    ReplyDelete