Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Goodbye

A little piece I wrote to cope and move forward...


You ask of me to give you time,
I look inside my heart to see the pain,
The scars,
The hurt…..

I can respect your thoughts on life,
I can’t respect your take on my heart.

I ask to you to give,
I don’t need a lot.

You want,
You need,
You have nothing to give in return,

To me…..

You can have all of me; all you have to do is ask,
I will give you my heart freely, but I need to know you will be there.

You are not there, you never will be.
I am asking you to leave.

Deep inside, I want to scream, don’t go.
It is so hard for me to let go.

You…
You have made me see that there is good,
You made me see a side that I have not been able to see for so long.
You gave me a glance into a side of my heart that I thought was forever lost.

For this I thank you.
So many things you have done for me,
So many different pieces you have picked up and put back together,

Inside of me.

Now it is time to say goodbye, now I am letting you go.
You are not right for my heart,
For all that you have done, you kill me inside.
I will forever be grateful for your presence at the time.
I am not angry, I am not mad, just numb.

I have to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment