Saturday, October 13, 2012

The Darkness of the Soul


Know that I am with you and will keep you wherever
You go, and will bring you back to this land: for I will not leave
You until I have done what I have promised you.
               Genesis 28.15

Falling from the heavens
Unto my hell below
Pain and sorrow obsessed my heart
Assaulting
My
Soul

The voices captivating my mind
Shattering in my ears
Tears streaming from my eyes
Nowhere
To
Go

Will it ever be enough
Control slipping through my fingertips
I never said I was perfect
It was never enough
 For
You

So many paths I have walked
Yet never seeming to right find the one
That leads
To
Happiness

Walking aimlessly towards the darkness
Further into the shadows
Of the past
I
Cannot
Escape

Lord knows I have tried
The tears I cannot escape
Falling
Down
My
Face

I pray to the heavens above
To end my suffering
Release me from this
Hell that
Invades
My
Soul   

The Lord is my Shepard I shall not want.
He makes me lay down in green pastures;
He leads me besides still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in the right paths
For his name sake.
               Psalms 23.1-3

© 2012 The Random Writings Of Me..Kates

2 comments:

  1. Amazing weblog! Do you might have any suggestions for aspiring writers? I'm hoping to start my own weblog soon but I'm a little lost on everything. Would you suggest starting with a totally free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? You’ll find so several choices out there that I'm completely overwhelmed .. Any tips? Appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, I understand the feeling. There is so much out and it is overwhelming. I personally do not pay for my blog. Why pay when you can get it for free? You can get your work out there by joining online communities for writers and and posing your blog on any social networking you may have. You can advertise your work, that does cost money, but if you are going to do that I would still recommend going with the free platform so you are not paying for both :) I hope I ave helped. If you have other questions I would be happy to help:) And Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete