Saturday, December 23, 2006

Epiphany

Not everyday day in life is about something, in fact some day's I ponder the meaningless ways of the world. But some days, like today you have a vision, and new goal or a sudden insight into your life. Today has been one of those days!

For quite sometime I have been thinking about the meaning of my life and where is it going to take me, I have to question the position that I am in and, is this where I am supposed to be. I have been told that I am a strong person and the experiences in my life have made me that much better, but sometimes I wonder if this is true. I have to ask myself that being almost 26, why am I still not happy. Well some things that come to mind are, "yes I am in my 20's, this is a time of finding yourself", or I have made my bed, now I am the one that will have to lie in it. Considering my choices in life, I feel that I'm a little behind. Now I realize that's OK!

Not everyone finds their calling right away, for others it takes many years to find their true self. I am no different. Now by no means am I saying that I have found the key to my happiness, but I feel much better about my future. I have done some very hard soul searching (that I actually started a few months ago), and came to some revelations about my current situation.

1) I am not happy, which given is a pretty obvious statement,
But what am I going to do about it?
2) I am not someone who is going to settle for something that I don't want, even if it may sound good at the time.
How am I going to eliminate these situations?
3) I need to put me first and figure what I want before I can learn to love again.
This is something that I have a better grasp on
4) My education is the most important goal that I need to accomplish for me to be happy.
Knowing this what will give me my push?
5) Not everyone is perfect and no matter how bad I think it is, I can move forward and regain my happiness.
This is one I am still struggling very hard with.

Looking at this, I still have a long way to go, but now that I have written them down and can look at my life a little more objectively, I feel like a lot has been lifted from my shoulders.
I have a plan, I have something to look forward to, and learn from for the first time in a long time. So now that I know this what am I going to do about it? That is something I am going to have to take one day at a time.
Learning about myself again, and going after what makes me thrive is going to be a struggle. I have taken many steps backward. In a sense though I am starting anew, and this is what is going to give me my strength to move forward!

5 comments:

  1. Very good writing power and touching vital aspect of 'Life'.My good wishes.Pl comment on my blog.

    http://gurushabad1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good so far.
    Keep asking why!
    What made you start this blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate good writing

    I find the black a bit of a "downer". Are you going to focus on the "epiphanic" in this blog?...an interesting topic for the mid 20's. I keep talking to women in that age group and they are asking the same questions as you.
    So keep at it.
    Robyne http://www.seekingtheblueprint.blogspot.coom
    & http://www.creativewritintravel.blogspot.coom

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice would be to just be yourself and be thankful for every day that you have. Living is enjoying and making the most of each day withstanding any obstacle or circumstance. To thine ownself be true. Be happy that you are alive and healthy. Be happy you even have a pc that you can share your daily events with others. Most of all enjoy this wonderful world the Lord gave for each of us to enjoy regardless of what hand we are dealt. Good luck with your blog and your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting reading, maybe some photos, variety of format, see wht I mean:

    browniesforbreakfast.blogspot.com

    waterfallsuplift.blogspot.com

    good luck

    dave

    ReplyDelete