Thursday, March 14, 2013

To you with Love


I gazed out and saw you starring, peculiar
You had never been there before
Each day had been the same, nothing ever changed
The train shook the cafe each day at noon,  
At Two Old man Tate came in for his pie,
We cleared for dinner at five
In the summer the frogs and crickets chipped outside
It was a summer night that you walked in
Looking up as our eyes met I felt my legs shake
I will forever be grateful for the summer heat that night

Still it was peculiar; you had never been there before
Though everything was the same, it was all about to change
In the small café
The train still rocked every day at noon
Old man Tate never missed a slice of pie
In my lucid dreams, in which I could fly
My summer nights were filling with you

The summer heat could no longer hide my blush
Every night I ran out into your arms,
So what if they looked at me like I was crazy!
Who were they to say, who were to know
What being so deeply in love was all about
Each night was more passionate than the last 
Awe, the next day ~ daydreaming of the night before
It is all so real, all so true, all my love to you 

I knew it was peculiar; you had never been there before
My father broke the news to me on that first brisk morning that you had to move on
He passes me a piece of paper; it seems a familiar note to me though I cannot recall why

The note reads  
 ~ Aimee
                To you with Love

Each day had been the same, nothing ever changed
I count down the days to summer, where I can work in the cafe
Watch Old Man Tate eat his pie at two and wait for the train!
The nurse is calling again

~ Aimee “Time to take your meds, you know how you get if you don’t take your meds!”

Looking at the notes my father has given me, I dream of the café ~ It must be peculiar.

Thirty-two notes that say,
~ Aimee
                To you with Love

How peculiar that each day is the same, that nothing would ever change




No comments:

Post a Comment