Monday, December 6, 2010

It's a Spiritual Thing

There was a time when all I needed was the music, the feeling of love, PLUR -Peace, Love, Unity and Respect.



The song that found me at my first RAVE



Everybody's free to feel good

Everybody's free



Brother and sister

Together we'll make it through

Some day a spirit will lift you and take you there

I know you've been hurting but I've been waiting to be there for you

And I'll be there just helping you out

Whenever I can



Everybody's free to feel good



We are a family that should stand together as one

Helping each other instead of just wasting time

Now is the moment to reach out to someone

It's all up to you

When everyone's sharing their hope

Then love will win through



Everybody's free to feel good

Everybody's free to feel good



The song that struck my soul. Music for me at that time did something for me that nothing else did, it found apart of me that was lost. It found me apart in this world where I belonged for the first time. Even now when I listen to "techno" I still have that feeling, like I said it's a spiritual thing.



I met some of the best people during that time, made some of the best memories, and will never regret one single minute of it. Dancing till the sun came up, felling complete and utter excitement, being around people who loved you. Well maybe it was our Woodstock :)



House music, it is a spiritual thing, it moves you, and it's not just the thump, thump of the beat, it's the blow up and the mix of disco that feels the groove of the dance floor. I will never be able to explain unless you have lived it. Maybe not even then. Maybe you had to live it with us.



It's hard to believe that was ten years ago, some of us are gone. Robert Rest in Peace. Jose I will love you forever, and eve. Eric AKA Gizmo - Love you! Elmont, Montel, Ed, Serge you were my boyz! Then there were my BFF's Derek - You go Girl, you will ALWAYS have my heart! A-Derek, I will cut you bitch, Josh - you lovely thing, David Atencio - all the shit we went through and I love you like a brother.



Don't forget what we had, the bonds we formed and all the nights we DANCED!!!!!!



Brother and sister

Together we'll make it through

Some day a spirit will lift you and take you there

I know you've been hurting but I've been waiting to be there for you

And I'll be there just helping you out

Whenever I can



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment