Thursday, February 14, 2008

Now I lay me Down to Sleep

Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord my soul to keep if I die before I wake I pray the lord my soul to keep

The pain flows deeply, running down my ankle,

Mental state oblivion

I don’t care I can’t sleep

The meds kick in, the pain so deep

The words cannot explain.

I cannot go back to yesterday,


Yesterday is a faint memory

My life is fragile the pain runs deep,

The emotional state has changed.

One flick of a razor, my feelings speak no longer.

Do I speak out, not today, maybe not ever?

The pain a reminder of what is, what was?

Reminding me every day, to get through the day

Day by day state of emotional distress.

Comforting of days to come.

State of psychosis, will they know?

I live, I deal, I must go on,

Today tomorrow, maybe sooner than later.

Around and around my thought they go

I close my eyes; I take a deep breath, sleep it comes and goes.

Rest my friend you will see tomorrow.

Now I lay me down to sleep I pray the lord my soul to keep if I die before I wake I

pray the lord my soul to keep

No comments:

Post a Comment